Tuesday, September 21, 2010

First day of fall!

Well, its official, today is the first day of fall! I love it! To kick it off, here are some examples of the new trends for this season that I have been noticing all over.



Rich dark walls and big bold prints are the way to go. I have been seeing lots of dark sophisticated grays as wall color, with accents of purples.

I guess purple is the color of the fall, and I couldn't be more excited about it! I love the color- all variations of it. This fall you will see more along the lines of indigos, and fig colors- so mainly a darker shade of purple.

Big, bold prints in rich, saturated colors. I am seeing more and more amazing prints coming out for wall paper, and I wish that I could have the guts to put wallpaper on my walls (not to mention the fact that I rent)

I have been drooling over this rug for a while now, and wish I had it for my bedroom!

Here is just a gathering of some things that I thought would achieve the "trendy" fall goal. I kept with the dark rich browns, some pop of orange and yellow, and accents of purple. I love the leather settee, and the dark rustic console table. The sunburst mirror is bronze and gives off a warm rustic feel as well. You want your fall decor to say "come curl up in here" while still being visually stimulating. Love the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment