Sunday, September 5, 2010

Lamp Makeover!

My honey found this lamp a long time ago on the side of the road (its amazing what people dump on the side of the road! We score lots of stuff and its funny cause we aren't looking- they just pop up!). Its a great lamp, but doesn't go with anything in our house, and doesn't reflect us or our style at all-but we both saw the potential.


I spray painted the base silver, then put the old lamp shade back on while I was shopping around for another one. This took a while, cause I had a very specific idea in my head and I didn't think it would be that hard to find what I wanted- but of course it was! I was glad that I waited, cause I think that I found the perfect one!

It complements the base better, and looks more sleek. I added a new silver ball knob at the top that gives it a little extra character too.

Very stoked!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely lovey ! Thanks so much for sharing Meghan, don't you love the magical powers of spray paint! Fantastic new shade too!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete