Sunday, September 19, 2010

My weekend in front of the computer...

It's exactly how it sounds. I spent a lot of time on the computer this weekend, and now my eyes are sore, and I am feeling very unproductive... But I did really enjoy myself.

Heres where it all started...
With the fabulous new magazine Rue. I just couldn't get enough of it, and savored every moment I had reading this lovely online mag.


I spotted this one page that looked interesting, and clicked on the link that was there. I was in love... The link was for "My Deco" Where you can design your own 3D rooms, make moodboards, blog, enter contests, and look at other peoples designs. So, I know that people in this field already have a program like this on their computer, but I don't. I haven't been able to afford anything like this, so I was even more excited that this program was free (or website rather).

Anyways, I spent a long time figuring it all out, and then spent even more time making some 3D rooms of my own, and a couple mood/inspiration boards. This is where my weekend was...

This living room was the first one that I did (technically the second one, because I did one just like it then accidentally deleted it oops!) I love how gives you that cool pic, then once you save it, it turns it into a high resolution picture and it looks totally real! They had a great selection of things that you could get, and decorate with . I had lots of fun...

This is the other side of the living room... facing away from the couch


This bedroom I did after the living rooms. I kind of tried to make it look like my bedroom, and what I want mine to look like this fall. I exaggerated though, cause my room isn't nearly this big (just curious what it would look like if it were bigger)



While fiddling around with the mood boards, I made this one. It's simply a collection of things that I thought would look great in a room. Again, the inspiration for this one came from my house- I would love for this to be my living room. I was thinking the colors are great for the winter.

I keep thinking how cool it would be to change your house out by seasons. I mean, only a little tweaking is necessary, its just the fact that you need to have the means to get all the little things that would change the feel of the room, but you would also need to have the sufficient storage to keep them out of the way when you aren't using them- I am just too limited on space. But am still thinking of ways to make it work...

What did you do this weekend? Did you enjoy Rue as much as I did?

No comments:

Post a Comment