Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tray Chic!

A tray of any kind is an extremely useful tool for just about ANY space in your house. Corralling random objects together onto a tray is a very nice detailing touch to make a look seem finished. I just love the versatility and functionality of trays, and drool over them all the time!


Keeping trays on your coffee table is a perfect place for putting the remote, a drink, glasses, a book, or whatever you always have out. This way it is all in one spot and you don't have to always be looking for the remote.


If you have an ottoman, stick a tray on there and you have a coffee table too! It is a nice sturdy, flat surface for your things to go on, and a great way to add another piece of flair to your living space.

I love the idea of using a tray in the kitchen for random spices, oils and vinegar. I always use them, so it seems silly to put them back into a cabinet on a daily basis... If only I had the counter space to spare... :(

Like the coffee table, using trays on your nightstand is another great focal detail. Stick a lamp and small vase of flowers on it...

And of course, see my other post on a vintage vanity to know how much I love using trays for perfume, makeup, and jewelery...


If you live in a small place, these storage cubes with the tray under the lids are amazing. Great for storing books, dvds, blankets, pillows, etc. Use two of them for a coffee table!


On a buffet, and used to serve drinks or appetizers, or to corral all glasses or bottles.

And, if you couldn't already tell, I love the style of tray that has the lips and the handles! I think that it gives it a more put-together look, and if you are going to be moving it around, your going to need the stability. I adore the lucite handle trays especially...

Just couldn't resist throwing these in there either. The sunflower one would have a perfect home with a picture of me and my sis, a candle, and some jewelery, on my dresser (which is in the family bagua of my house). I need one badly...
These sparkly ones from Homegoods would be adorable in an entry on a console...
Where do you keep trays in your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment