Friday, October 29, 2010

Around the world: Moroccan inspiration

I have been surprisingly absent from my blog this week! I just started a new job and have all of the sudden been super busy. I am stoked on it though, cause I was getting really bored for a while there. I have a better idea of my schedule, so hopefully I can keep up better next week.

Anyways, I had an idea this week that I wanted to try on my blog. Its called "Around the World" and I am going to post different cultural inspirations. I think this is a super cool idea, and I just love all the new opportunities it is going to open up for me. I am hoping to do some traveling soon (don't have anything planned, but have a MAJOR travel bug) and I think this would be something fun to do while traveling- look at all the different cultural decor, take pics, and share with others! ...I am dreaming right now.....

This week, I bring you Moroccan Inspired Decor!

Enjoy!

One of the many reasons why I love Moroccan decor is due to the use of colors. Purple is my favorite color, and is very prominent in this decor. I simply cannot get enough

The detail! I love the furniture, and the style of those legs! Its so intricately done, and fabulous to look at!

Um, Hello dream bathroom!!!
I mean, seriously! That color is to die for, the back splash is phenomenal, and the window is beyond amazing. And the pink drawers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am over the moon about this bathroom!


Rich colors, and many layers. Moroccan design is all about the use of colors, and pillows. Bright, rich, vibrant colors- and lots of them! Paired with many pillows all stacked up against each other, all in the same rich look.

Lots of little details. There is patterns upon patterns in the furniture both with hard materials, as well as soft (upholstery). I love these tables, and the screen- and that couch is something so unique and interesting!



Like I said, its all about the little details! Lots of accessories

Texture, texture, texture


I adore the architectural details as well. I love the curved, pointy, archways

Color, color, color

Lanterns, lanterns, lanterns.
The more the better! Groupings, and solo

No comments:

Post a Comment