Friday, January 14, 2011

Framed Chalkboard

I finally jumped on the bandwagon and made my own chalkboard. I know, everybody has done it, so I figured it was time to give it a try!

I had an old frame lying around for a while, so I used modge podge and some of my favorite wrapping paper, and decorated the frame with it. Then I just used chalkboard spray paint and covered the glass. Super easy, and well worth it! These will make great birthday presents for a couple kids I know- and I can get everything I need at the dollar store!



Per the instructions, I covered the glass in chalk after it was all dry (a couple coats later) and then wiped it down- made it a nice usable surface after!

I love this wrapping paper so much, I have used it on a couple other projects too! One being my tray makeover which has yet to find a place in my new house.

I haven't really decided where to put this yet, but I was thinking to use it in the kitchen as a menu. My boyfriend and I always wait till around 6 pm (when we realize were hungry) to figure anything out for dinner. Or, if we do have a plan the communication is not really there, and we never know if we have all the ingredients for the meal. I am hoping that having a menu in the kitchen will help keep us more organized and efficient.

My only dilemma is that the wall I need to put it on is white, and this frame just gets lost. So, I need to think of another way to bring in color (through paint, or fabric, or stencils) to make this wall an organization area, as well as look great. I thought it would be fun to have the whole wall be an area where we can have a menu, grocery list, recipes, and meal plans. My goal is to cook more, and healthier, and I think this is just what I need. Its going to be like an inspiration board for the kitchen! Getting super excited about this plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment