Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Some new projects...

This new obsession I have developed with crochet is starting to take on a whole new level! I find myself actually dreaming and daydreaming about it on a daily basis. My thoughts are all jumbled with excitement and just bubbling out-I can do some pretty amazing things with this new hobby of mine! I have been trying my knack at a couple of different things lately, and I thought I would share a few of my latest things...

Let me know what you think! ;)



I was originally going to go somewhere a little different with this one, but my boyfriend convinced me to do this instead. I'm still going to do the other one, but the both of us were pretty stoked on this one. He designed it, and I made it. It fits his head perfect and is pretty cozy! I think with this yarn though, I need to use a larger stitch to make it a little softer looking. But I could also keep it nice and tight and make a little bowl- for keys or jewlery, or any other random things...

This reminds me of a hostess cupcake or something!

The next thing I wanted to try was jewelry, and with a much much smaller hook and string.
This is what I ended up with...

I watched a video on YouTube-Earrings by Teresa- it was super simple! I already had the earring part, and I love how light they are! I thought it was challenging to work with such a small hook and such a small string size, but in the end I really enjoyed it!

After I made the earrings, I was on a roll and made up this design for a ring...

I used the same base as the earrings, and then just made up how I thought you could do the ring part.

You can be sure you are going to see more of these bad boys in the future!

Its not perfect, but heck, for my 6th project its pretty damn good! I love the satisfaction and reward for putting a couple hours, or even a couple of minutes, of concentration and focus into something I am so proud of. The creative juices are a flowin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment