Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hats

Well, it's official- I sold to my first customer! Granted, she is my cousin- but money is money! I was super excited when she hit me up on Facebook asking me to make 3 hats- one for her daughter, her cousin, and her niece, and she wanted them all matching. She asked for them to all be navy blue with white flowers- adorable! I took a little spin of my own with them just to add a little pizzaz, but I think she is going to be stoked.


They are for a newborn, a 2 year old, and a 4 (almost 5) year old. This was a little bit of a challenge for me, just to make sure that I was getting all the sizes correct. My cousin lives in Maine (I'm in Cali) so I wasn't able to test out the sizes. Hopefully they will fit!

You can't tell in the photo, but the white yarn is this cool shimmer yarn, so it looks awesome in the sun! I also added the button in the middle of the flower. This particular flower is made with a larger hole in the middle, and this button really helped to finish the look, and close up that hole.


I can't wait for pics from her with all the kids wearing the matching hats together!


This is really exciting for me- to sell something I made. I mean, people have been telling me for a while that I should sell, but I don't have the stock of things quite yet. I am building towards craft fairs, and my own Etsy shop- we shall see where this journey takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment