Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer Market Bag

Since we are in the beginnings of summer time, we are spending more and more time outside. I love being able to go to my local farmers market and buy local produce, but I always forget to bring a bag with me. Of course, I fixed that problem with some yarn, and a crochet hook!

Super in love with this bag! It was super easy to make, and it turned out so fun!

With this type of bag, I had to make the mesh looking part a little shorter cause as soon as you stick something in the bag, the whole thing stretches. I planned for this already, but I also might want to try making it a little bit shorter. I also added a couple too many stitches in the top, so it looks a little funky at the opening. Oh well! Now I know what not to do next time!

I used Sugar and Cream to make this bag, and it took probably 5 balls to complete. Although next time I think I won't make the strap as long as this one, and that will save me some yarn.

This bad boy has already been to the store and farmers market with me, and I get compliments wherever I go! Makes me super giddy!

This whole bag is simply a combination of single crochet and chains... Basic and simple! Not to mention the super fun colors! I already have the colors for my next one!

Linking up to...



2 comments:

  1. I'm a beginner crocheter...this looks great! Love the colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I've been thinking of making one of these. I love crochet! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete