Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Crochet Floor Cushion

This thing is my pride and joy as of the moment. I'm completely in love, and am ready to tell the world!
I have been working on this bad boy for longer than I should have, but now that it is finished, I am so stoked!

This is where it started...

I started off with a granny mandala pattern from Crochet With Raymond
I made two different ones, with different colors (except for the white).

LinkI had some extra memory foam lying around, and have been cutting it up for random projects. I used some for a pillow, and then used some for this cushion. I wanted it to be pretty thick, cause I know my butt will fall asleep if its too thin. I decided that three layers high was enough for my desired effect.




Once I had the top and bottom done, and had my base measured and cut out, I was able to eyeball the size I needed for the side. I just measured the height, and made a long strip going around.

Then I attached that long strip to both sides using a single crochet.


AND....TA DA!!!!!!!

Isn't she amazing?!?!?!?

I love how both sides are a different color scheme!

This cushion is a great size, and is really comfortable to sit on! I love how it looks with my cool pillows in the background too!

Come on- You know your in love too...

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I love it too! I only wish something like that would last more than a week in my house between the kids and the general level of dust on our floors! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete